Kothakoli-came from 'Kolikar kotha', in an effort to log the monologue-ous conversations that rage in conundrum, the arguments and questions that rumble inside to make me, 'me'. Kothakoli strives to stay true to the name: a dance, an exotic, challenging, colorful, beautiful dance. Somewhat like life itself.

Home..just a flight away


Home..just a flight away

I was hardly a year old, so I'm told. My grandpa, Dada the then Director of Agriculture, West Bengal was always on tours, flying red-eyed till he retired.
My year old brain somehow conjured that he would fly in my pink helicopter and I banged it hard on the floor, asking him to disembark.

Today I live half-a-globe apart from him, living a dream, Dada and me share; following his footsteps in another College of Agriculture.
I don't know how and when I lost that pink helicopter and with it my juvenile sanity.

I see myself squatting on the floor banging a pink helicopter crying "Dada nam".. after all home is more a memory and reunion a flight away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ajker puchkur akash pari joto sotti, onek akash, onek joler pare amar chhotto dudikhaki dhoner eka bachte shekha joto sotti, joto vivid, sediner puchkur hater helicop thuke thuke dada nam o totoi sotti. kaler hisebe dutoi bortoman, ei biswase nijeder shokto rakhi amra, tai na re?
mama