Kothakoli-came from 'Kolikar kotha', in an effort to log the monologue-ous conversations that rage in conundrum, the arguments and questions that rumble inside to make me, 'me'. Kothakoli strives to stay true to the name: a dance, an exotic, challenging, colorful, beautiful dance. Somewhat like life itself.

Born Thorny


All cacti belong to the 'succulent' family. Unlike your regular vegetables, they dont hide their wealth under the dirt. Nor like your pretty trees, do they change color after fair weather. They store life though; and memories for a long, long time. When you live in a desert, with sand rubbed to your eyes everyday, you need to store those and you need to grow thorns.

But really no, I am not all bark; I am just not a people person, I mean I like people but most people dont like me. I do have a few friends, the exotic, the passionate, the hardy and the rocky... just not the sticky creepers. I cant bear to see them grope for attention.

I am used to staying on without your time and your care and still add that zing to your living. Even at a point when I finally run out of juice you wouldn't probably notice me gone, because I stay on green for longer than I should.
When you think cacti, you think thorns, not the green, not the strength, not the courage, not the 'succulence' but the thorns. Yes I have my thorns and am proud of them, but its probably time to take note that your cacti bruise when they take a fall, they well up when cut and they die without you noticing.

No comments: